Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Progress Report

The pictures on the left is blake and the picture on the right is palmer





I am so sorry I haven't been able to update in several days. The RMDH was having computer/Internet issues so I couldn't get onto the computer to get anything done. Argh! They have their issues fixed but tonight I came to Mason with mother and daddy to stay with the Bradleys, visit, and eat some yummy home cooking! Mother & I also had manicures and pedicures today so we could relax. So nice.

Progress report on the girls....
So many things change daily and it is always so much information in just a 24 hour period.

Blake: either on sunday or monday they removed her intubation tube-hooray. I can't remember which day. She did well for a while. They also earlier had taken her completely off of the epi. and her blood pressures remained stable on their own. So fast forward to today. They had to put her on a nasal CPAP because she was having trouble remembering to breath while she was asleep, which she is most of the time due to her being on pain medication. Her blood pressure still remains to be stable without epi. They also gave her some caf. to help remind her breath. She did well with that and I don't think she has had any more. She still has in the picline and a IV in her hand for administration of pain medicine. They have started to lower her pain meds which makes her more active. I like to see her more active. She also has a feeding tube now. They started her on formula and they give her 4 ml every hour around the clock. She is tolerating them very well. She was going to have a full body MRI scan monday but they changed their mind when her blood pressure dropped. They rescheduled it to Wednesday. Now that she is on CPAP they have decided to post pone the MRI all together for several weeks. Her surgeon is now ordering daily bedside x-rays so they can start monitoring the tumor. All in all she is very stable and things are good today. I was told by her night doc that we WILL be able to hold her tomorrow and I can't wait! I haven't done anything but laid my hand on her back since the day she was born. Its so hard to have a child and not be able to hold them AT ALL! You miss the little things, changing diapers, cuddling, swaddling, everything. Even though we get to hold Palmer she still has cords and stuff everywhere and its just not the same.

Palmer's update:
She is doing amazing! She is putting on the lb's and loving her formula. Now that she is breathing all by her self they were able to put clothes on her. So gets to have preemie clothes that still swallow her whole on all day-hooray! I can't wait until I actually get to feed her with a bottle and hold her for hours. It is going to be amazing and its only 2 more weeks away!

I am doing good. Still very sore and weaning myself off the loved drug Percocet. I am moving a little more swiftly but will not be running any foot races any time soon. Mother and Daddy leave tomorrow and I am so so sad! I will be glad that they are coming back in just a couple weeks. Now it will be just Jeff & I all day, everyday! Whew...wonder how that will work? Joking. Jeff & I really miss AK. I can't believe she won't be back for a couple more weeks. I am so looking forward to the day when my whole family can all be in the same house at the same time! That is my Christmas wish! Santa please make it come true.

Keep praying for us as a family. We are starting to miss our friends, our bed, our dogs, etc. and its only been a couple of weeks. Life as a parent of a NICU baby is hard sometimes. You feel very encouraged them discouraged several hours later. We are blessed to be at the point we are, but you always hope for more and better. I think its just natural to do that.

Have a good night yall!

No comments:

Post a Comment