Monday, October 4, 2010

We are home!

Align CenterAs we headed out of the Bradley's driveway on Thursday I was excited but sad all in the same emotion. I couldn't wrap my head around it that we were actually leaving. My grandmother flew up Wednesday morning to she could ride in the car with me and the twins on the way back. Jeff had to drive our other car with Ashlyn Kay in it.
The ride was actually not that bad and we only had to stop three times to feed and diaper the girls. Finally made it back to my driveway around 5 p.m. I actually just could not believe that I was home. My house looked strange to me, so different, so un lived in. Ashlyn Kay and Jeff had already made it home and she was so excited to be back with some of her old toys. My amazing friend Lynlee and her mother ( love yall ) had put together and completely decorated the nursery and Ashlyn Kay's new big girl bedroom. Jeff covered my eyes and did a "reveal". They were both amazing. I will post pictures soon.
We settled in and tried to get a little sleep which is very little these days. Friday I spent the majority of the day unpacking and getting reorganized. I just couldn't stand all that stuff sitting around. I am still working on a little of it but its pretty much done. The first complete day at home was not that bad. We fed, diapered, played, ate, and repeated all day long. We were both exhausted though from having made the drive and then running on fumes.
Saturday I took a little time to myself while Jeff and my grandmother watched the girls. Then a friend came over while he took some time for himself at Bryant Denny Stadium.
Sunday I was dying to get to church to see all my long lost friends. I was so happy to finally see familiar faces. Ashlyn Kay was excited too. She was very concerned though because when we left her "baby sista" was crying so she made sure to tell everyone at church. So cute!
Today was the girls 2 month well baby visit and to get established with our pediatrician here. Oh my Lord at the chaos that was. Two babies equals two of everything. Plus filling him in on all the drama of the past weeks. We were there for almost 2 and a half hours. I was exhausted by the time we left. Palmer weighed 7 pounds and 2 oz. Blake weighed 5 pounds 14 ounces. I was out of the room when they did their lengths though so I don't know those stats. The doctor said they looked amazing especially to be preemies. Blake thought she was a grown up and tried to crawl off the table. He was amazed at their journey as we still are too.
By the time we put Ashlyn Kay to bed each night and the twins are sleeping we are exhausted. Jeff is still home from work thank goodness but when he leaves I will cry. Having twins is hard but its all about organization and I'm trying really hard to stay on top of it.
We recently discovered that Blake might not have ovaries. We have asked for a repeat ultrasound so we will see. This would mean much more management once she hits puberty. We are praying this is not the case. She is doing so well and her incision sight looks wonderful. It is still broken down in areas but we hope that starts to heal. She seems to not cry as much when we change her diaper so that is great.
I am so happy to be home with all three of my girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment