Thursday, June 10, 2010

Dr. Gonzalez visit

Today was our bi-weekly visit to Dr. Gonzalez who is the maternal fetal medicine doctor at Brookwood. I had a doppler and a echo amongst other ultrasound test today. The doctor said that the teratoma had grown but not much and that the cardiac output was higher but only my a millimeter. This is expected. The twins are both growing so obviously the teratoma and cardiac output will increase each time. They both measured 1 pound and 2 ounces which is right in the middle of the road. Not too big not too small. Hooray! I can't believe they are that big, but happy they are. Dr. Gonzalez agreed with everything the doctors at Children's in Cincinnati said. He is setting us up with a consultation with a couple of pedatric surgeons here in Birmingham. Jeff and I want to get as many opinions about her surgery as possible. Jeff is still wanting me to deliver in Cincinnati and Blake have her surgery there. We are only meeting with the surgeons here just to make sure they aren't as qualified. It would obviously be easier to deliver and have her surgery here, but we want the best doctor. So location doesn't matter right now.
I am not sure when we will meet with the surgeons here at Children's of Birmingham. I will see my OB and the MFM doctor in two weeks, then back to Cincinnati for another appointment. By that point we will have made our decision. Thank you again for all praying. Please continue to pray because either way this is going to be a long journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment